It’s Market Wednesday and here is what’s in my basket this week, as well as what I plan to make!
- Carrots: Juicing!
- Brussels Sprouts: I never tire of this gem of a recipe.
- Spinach: Juicing!
- Sweet Potatoes: Roasted and enjoyed as a side, or maybe in a slow cooker stew.
- Grapefruits: Enjoyed as a snack.
- Beets: Roasted in salads or juiced up (don’t forget to use the greens!)
- Green onions: Tossed into some slow cooker meal such as lentil sloppy joes.
- Turnips: Not my favorite, best to hide these in a slow cooker meal, or roast them up. Does anyone else have a better recipe for these guys?!
- Lettuce: Salads for lunch.
- Parsley: Some juice recipe experimentation?
So far on the recipe menu this week we’ve enjoyed lentil sloppy joes, black bean taco night, and we’ve got this sauerkraut soup recipe in the slow cooker to try out tonight. I still need to plan the rest of the week out, but I’m thinking we may have some quick tortilla soup in our future. We have to enjoy soups and stews before the Texas heat sets in!
What are you making this week?